Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mount St. Helens!!!!!!!



Hello again! This is day 3 of my Seattle adventure. By the way I didn't post day two because we just stayed home and rested while all the cousins were at school and Aunt Lori and Uncle Brent were both at work. Well on the 3rd day Aunt Lori had to go to work till 1:00 and them came home. Until 1:00 me and grandma went on a walk to enjoy the nice day! There were beautiful flowers all over the place! Our walk was really pretty and a little freaky because you never know when that deer is going to pop out and scare you even though their harmless.When Aunt Lori got home we took a long trip down to a Mount st. Helens resort! When we got there we went through the museum and then watched a video about it. It was so interesting!!!!! After we were finished there we drove another hour to our next destination even closer to the volcano. We were almost looking inside the volcano. My Aunt told me she watched the hole explosion before they went to church that morning. She had some great stories. They had lived in Westland, Oregon. They could see the volcano from the kitchen window and ash was spread all over their yard covering the land in a thick, white blanket. We drove all the way home and by that time we had dinner and went to bed. It was a long trip. My Aunt had told me that everything was at least an hour away! I was suprisingly, if thats how you spell it, ready to go to bed!

3 comments:

  1. I remember watching Mount St. Helens blow too. It was nothing like the volcanoes you see on TV. Just a lot of steam and ashes. Not ashes like in a fireplace, but very fine sand all over everything. Keep posting about your vacation, I love the stories :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there cuttie - the pictures make me want to go back - with all the aunties and girl cousins!!!! how fun would that be!!!! finally have sun here at the lake - hurry up and get here before it goes away!!!!!
    grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anut Judy how old were you when the explosion took place! Grandma I had so much fun with you there. I hope we can go again for Lukes and Rebeka's graduation!

    ReplyDelete